RG Team Future Camp - December 2015
Click here to watch highlights from the RG Team Future Camp held at the AIS in Canberra in December, 2015.
From December 5th to the 8th, 38 athletes, 17 coaches, 2 Master Coaches and 1 Team Future Coach converged on the Australian Institute of Sport for the second edition of the RG Team Future Camp for 2015. The athletes and coaches were invited based on the IDEAL score from ongoing technical assessments they had been taking part in since the previous Team Future camp.
Nadya Alexandrova, former Bulgarian and British national coach, was a guest Master Coach for this camp who, along with Valeryia Vatkina, provided guidance and insight to the coaches and athletes at the camp.
A number of awards were presented at the camp, recognising outstanding achievement in the testing completed at the camp:
• 11 - Tahlia Stewart - Glen Iris
• 12 - Chloe Hay - Prahran
• 13 - Ashari Gill (overall) - Prahran
• 14 - Riahnnon Van Zuydam - Venia
• 11 - Charlotte Davidson - STC
• 11 - Ella Neeves - Shire
• 12 - Audrey Freeman - Meriden
• 12 - Scarlett Evans - Mitcham
• 13 - Amber Atcheson - PLC
• 14 - Jacinta Liew -STC
• Eden Pascoe (Shire), Melisa Lawrie (Logan City), Alexandra Kiroi (Prahran)
• A further award was presented to Glen Iris Gymnastics for the most Effective use of the Virtual Assessment Tool.
A special mention to Elementz Rhythmic Gymnastics, Le Ray Rhythmic Gymnastics and Gymnastics New South Wales who provided floors for the camp. The camp would not have been possible without this support.
The next camp will be held in June next year.
For any questions about Team Future activities, please don’t hesitate to contact National Pathways Coordinator, Alexis Lebedew ([email protected]).