Child Safe Webinar for Club Administrators
As part of Gymnastics Australia’s (GA) ongoing commitment to child safety, a new affiliation requirement has been put in place for 2019 Club Affiliations and renewals. All currently affiliated Clubs will be required to have a minimum one
person(preferably a key administrator) from their club participate in an interactive child safe webinar or have participated in the Queensland regional forum Child Safety workshop*.
This webinar - designed and presented by Bravehearts specifically for the gymnastics community - will educate Clubs on important child safety topics and contribute towards creating safer environments for our children and young people.
The webinar covers the following modules:
- Facts and statistics about child abuse and neglect
- Definitions of child abuse
- Indicators of child abuse
- Sexual behavioural problems
- Recognising and responding to grooming
- Protective factors
- Responding to disclosures
- Reporting concerns
- A child protection culture
- GA and Bravehearts initiatives
The webinar will take approximately 30 minutes to complete and can be accessed at no cost to the club or individual.
As mentioned the individual who completes the webinar would ideally be the club administrator or another member of staff who attends the Club regularly. Once the webinar has been completed a certificate will be issued via the LMS. The Club will be required to upload a copy of this certificate as part of the affiliation renewal process.
The live webinar will be held on 10 different occasions between November 2018 and January 2019, with specific dates outlined below. The club representative is only required to attend one of the webinars listed. The webinar is interactive, with the ability for individuals to ask questions, however if the club can not get a representative to attend any of the webinars a recorded version will be made available. Please note however that to get the best out of this course, GA highly recommends you attend one of the live webinars.
Attendance at one of the live webinars will earn accredited Technical Members two (2) updating points, whilst participating in the recorded webinar will be worth one (1) updating point.
How to access the Webinar - Which steps are for me?
Follow these quick steps to find out which method you’ll use to register for the webinar.
- Login to Gymnastics Australia website using your normal account details. Use this link to log in: www.gymnastics.org.au/myaccount
- Can you see a blue Go to the LMS button under Handy Links?
- YES – Option A is for you! See the user guide at the bottom of the page for your next steps
- NO – You can register for the webinar using Option B - see the user guide at the bottom of the page for your next steps.
*Qld Regional Forum Child Safety Workshops
Individuals who participated in a Child Safety Workshop as part of the Gymnastics Queensland Regional Forums will receive a certificate that can be uploaded as part of their Clubs 2019 Affiliation requirements and therefore the club will meet affiliation requirements.
Clubs who did not have an individual attend the regional forums in Queensland are still required to meet the 2019 Affiliation standards and therefore attend one of the recorded or live webinars listed above.