Launch of New Club Importer Tool & Validation Template
Gymnastics in Australia are pleased to announce the launch of the New Club Importer Tool
and supporting Validation Template
This new Club Importer tool
has been implemented so that all clubs around Australia regardless of the software they use (or not) to manage their class bookings have an improved experience of importing their current athletes and their athlete codes in bulk into the National Gymnastics Database.
Features of the new Club Importer tool:
What has changed?
- Ability to import a large number of athletes at one time without having to batch imports.
- Club Administrators are able to review, know records which will not be imported, correct issues and update athlete details prior to an import being written to the database.
- No longer have to wait for an onscreen upload – imports are queued to improve CRM performance.
- All Club Administrators in a Club are notified of a Club Import’s progress via email notifications and a Club Import dashboard.
- The import can be worked on by any club administrator in a Club and doesn’t require to be completed in one session.
- There is a log of records available via new reports in Club Admin Home> Reports which show what has been successfully uploaded and what has not been which can be worked through at any time.
- New report which can be used to export your Club’s athletes from the Club Admin Portal with the correct club import format (Club Admin Portal> Reports> R. Club Importer Export).
- Updated club import headers and requirements – more information can be found here.
- New Validation template – more information can be found here.
- CSV file required to import (previously excel)
- NO COMMAs – if you have a comma in any fields these must be removed as we have moved to CSV (Comma delimited files). Commas are used to separate fields and will result in any records not importing correctly and requiring to be fixed. More information on how you can do this in bulk in excel.
- No need to batch imports – put all your athletes in one file.
- All Athletes now require at least 1 Athlete Code every import.
- Athletes can have up to 3 different Athlete Codes per import.
- Incomplete and/or incorrect Athlete Codes will not be imported and will be required to be fixed before data is written into the database.
- All phone number fields require 10 digits only (the system will remove special characters and spaces) eg. Landline 0386989718 or Mobile 0411222333
- No need to trim leading/trailing spaces in fields as this is automatically done by the system
- The following fields are no longer required:
- State Association (this gets automatically updated as per the Club’s state association)
- Date Achieved (this field will be phased out as we assume every time a new athlete code is registered is when it was achieved)
- Paid Thru (automatically updated to the year the file was updated in)
How can you access the New Club Importer Tool?
To access the new Club Importer tool, please go to the Club Admin Portal and then click on the Club Import tab.
What is the Validation Template?
The Validation Template for the Club Importer is a tool for Clubs to check and help that all their information is complete and correct in order to successfully import into the National Database with minimal data issues to resolve.
Features of the new Validation Template include:
How do I access the Validation Template?
- Data which needs to be fixed is highlighted in yellow.
- No spaces are required for phone numbers – only 10 digits eg. Landline 0386989718 or mobile 04112223333
- Every Athlete is now required to have at least one Athlete Code.
- Ability to have up to 3 different Gymsport and Levels (Athlete Codes) per athlete on one line.
- Some unnecessary fields such as Address3, Fax, State Association, Date Achieved and Paid Thru have been removed from import sheet and will be automatically updated if still required
- Upon importing a club data file:
- if home phone is missing then mobile phone field will automatically be copied in.
- Athlete Codes are now imported and validated.
- Spaces and non-digits will be automatically removed in all phone number fields
- Gymsport and Levels (Athlete Codes) will be imported and validated
- Commas will be removed automatically (unable to have commas in the import sheet as this will affect the import for a record due to us moving to a CSV format)
- Leading and trailing spaces automatically trimmed
- Club Import file created will be in correct format to be imported into the Club Importer tool with minimal data issues to resolve.
In the Club Admin Portal> Club Importer tab there is a button to Start New Club Import Process. Following clicking on this button, you will be taken to a new screen where there is a button to download the latest Validation Template. Please note the Validation Template is usually refreshed when either an improvement or when there are changes to Athlete Codes.
Can you use the new Club Importer tool and Validation Template if you use an iPad or MacBook?
There are some limitations with the Club Importer tool and Validation Template on some versions of iPads and MacBooks due to compatibility issues which we have been unable to avoid despite extensive system testing. Please have a look at our Club Importer tool guide for iPad and Macbook users for more information
I urgently need to register an athlete for a competition, is the using Club Importer the best method?
If you require an athlete registered urgently, the Club Import method may not be the best approach as your imports are queued and timing will depend on system demand. If you require an athlete registered, renewed or updated urgently we recommend you either:
Will you be holding any training sessions?
Please view this page
with details of one hour training sessions which will be held over the next two weeks for any Club who wishes to have training.
Where do I find out more information?
Please have a look at the New Club Importer
and Validation Template
information pages to find out more.
Where can I go for help?
If you need any assistance, please get in touch
and remember to attach any screenshots or files so we can help you faster.