The GA Board has a commitment to strong governance and best practice and is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill two (2) voluntary elected vacancies. We are seeking candidates with national board experience who ideally possess one of the two skills sets that the Board and its members have identified:
- Senior leader working in finance and accounting
- Strong skills and experience to chair the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee
- Ability to effectively engage and manage finance and accounting matters
- Broad range of finance/business experience in the private and public sector
- Government and public sector / Corporate and private sector
2. Marketing and Branding
- Senior leader working in multi-stakeholder environments
- Marketing insights and segmentation
- Strength and success in developing marketing strategies (including direct to consumer initiatives) and in research insights and segmentation
- Knowledge and experience with digital and social media strategy
- Broad range of commercial/business experience in areas including marketing branding, business systems, practices and improvement
Priority will be given to applicants that have:
- Experience working with a national board
- Sound knowledge and experience in governance (risk and strategy)
- Strong networks / relationships (government and private sector)
Please note that service on the GA board is voluntary.
Closing Date: Monday 23rd March 2020
Selection process for Elected positions: CV and cover letter to be sent to Melanie Zimmermann (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed by the GA Nominations Committee which comprises one GA Board member, one State Chair (as appointed by the state associations) and an independent HR representative. Telephone interviews may be conducted if the Nomination Committee seek additional information. The Committee will then submit to GA voting members (State/Territory Presidents or their delegate if they are unable to attend) their recommendations and assessment of candidates. The voting members will elect the two Elected Board positions during the AGM 23rd May.
How to Apply: Please send your CV and a covering letter to Melanie Zimmermann (email@example.com) by 23rd March 2020.
Full position available here