Get to know - Olivia Feaver
In our new summer series, we want you to get to know some of our national squad members.
Kicking off the series, is current National Champion in Aerobic Gymnastics Olivia Feaver.
In 2016 Olivia placed first in the Senior AeroDance Individual and AeroDance Trio at the Australian Championships.
In 2017 backed up her impressive year by reaching the pinnacle of Aerobics in Australia taking out first place and the gold medal in the Senior Individual Female category.
Get to know Olivia
- Do you have any nickames? Olive, Liv
- How old were you when you started gymnastics? 10 years old.
- Why did you start gymnastics? I started artistic gymnastics at age 6 to help improve calisthenics which I had done since age 2. I began Aerobic gymnastics at age nine through school because it looked fun and because I had a gym and dance background I thought I would be able to do it.
- What was your first club? Aerochamps Victoria
- What is your favourite aspect of being a gymnast? Being able to represent my country on an international stage
- Do you have any superstitions or pre-competition rituals? Too many to list them all!
- What is your favourite skill? Any jump element. I love them all!
- Do you have any sporting mottos that you live by? Let your passion be stronger than your fear
- What do you like to do when you are not in the gym? I love to watch movies and TV shows
- What is your favourite music to listen to? Pop, anything I can dance to.
If there is anyone you would like to see featured in this series, let us know. Email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org