Call for nominations Women's Artistic Gymnastics National Commission Project Coordinator
As a result of decisions made by the FIG in relation to the Summer Olympics and FIG Technical Committees, Gymnastics Australia (GA) also made determinations in relation to the terms of office of the GA National Gymsport Technical Commissions.
The current Commission Cycle was to conclude on 31 December 2020. However, due to the postponement of the Summer Olympic Games and the subsequent extension of the FIG Technical Committees, GA extended the current National Commissions to conclude on 31 December 2021.
This year, Mark Moncur, Project Coordinator on the WAG Commission was appointed Chair of the new Club Commission and has resigned from his position on the WAG Commission to focus on his new role.
Therefore, GA is now calling for nominations for a Project Coordinator to serve on the WAG Commission for the remainder of 2021.
Interested nominees should:
1. Be a current Technical Member of Gymnastics Australia
2. Read the relevant information pertaining to the NTC’s:
a. By-Law 6 - GymSport Technical Commissions;
b. Part A - GymSport Technical Commission - Commission
c. Part B - Technical Regulations (specific to each GymSport)
3. Seek thorough understanding of what is involved in being a NTC member; consider corresponding with current and/or past members, other people in the GymSport community or relevant Gymnastics Australia staff member.
4. Complete the nomination form for the position.
5. Email the completed nomination form, which must reference the selection criteria, to Lynne Sheehan, Gymsport Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org, accepting nominations on behalf of the CEO, by 5 pm Monday 1st March 2021, with the subject line ‘WAG National Commission Nomination’. Applications will remain confidential.
Applications will be shortlisted and and consultation with relevant Association Members regarding the shortlised nominees will occur.
Final selections will be made and recommended to the GA Board for endorsement. Then, nominees will be notified of their selection/non-selection by late March.
Questions about the process and or the role of the PC should be directed to Lynne Sheehan, Gymsport Manager via email@example.com or 03 8698 9707.
This role will commence April 2021, ending in December 2021.
Project Coordinator – role description:
The Project Coordinator/s, in conjunction with the National Technical Director, National Judging Coordinator (except GfA) and GA Staff may:
• Assist in the development and support the implementation of the GymSport Australian Levels Program and GymSport specific resources
• Liaise with GA staff to assist with developing and enhancing various programs such as; coach and judge education, GymSport specific programs and high performance
• Analyse data and gather information from states/territories to improve athlete performance and programs
• Chair Working Groups (Project Groups) as required
• Work with GA staff to communicate technical updates and good news stories to the wider community, including advising of website updates
• Liaise with clubs and states/territories to promote national events
• Provide support to the National Technical Director, National Judging Coordinator and GA Staff in the lead-up to national events
• Attend commission meetings and contribute to planning and goal setting
Project Coordinator – desired selection criteria
1. Current Technical Member - Coach or Judge
2. Sound technical knowledge and understanding of the GymSport
3. Respected within the GymSport community
4. High level organisational, IT, interpersonal and communication skills
5. Knowledge of national and international trends
6. Ability to liaise with various stakeholders and be a team player
Please find the nomination form below: