Women's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) National Development Coach
Gymnastics Australia (GA) High Performance Team is seeking applications for the position of Women's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) National Development Coach (NDC).
Based at GA’s National Training Centre (NTC), AIS Canberra, the NDC replaces the National Pathways Coach position and will work closely with the WAG National Guidance Team (NGT) under the management of the National Performance Director.
Primary Purpose of This Role
The National Development Coach will:
• Work closely with the WAG NGT to facilitate and oversight the WAG National Talent Team Futures program with the aim to identify, confirm and nurture talent and provide optimal training and competition exposure.
• Work closely with the WAG NGT to facilitate and deliver the WAG extended stay program. This may include the provision of DTE coaching for athletes within the WAG extended stay program, and alongside and/or in consultation with personal coach/es.
• Incorporate the Athlete Management System (AMS) as the primary platform for athlete’s Individual Performance Plans (IPPs) within the extended stay program; provide athlete feedback on key components of wellbeing and training load.
• Collaborate with State/ Territory Associations’ relevant pathways personnel, to facilitate and implement talent initiatives and success factors as identified within National Talent Team Future program.
• Support key Clubs and coaches of identified athletes to build HP capability - within a safe sport environment - and deliver the fundamental principles of the WAG national program to pre-elite and/or elite athletes who have the potential to achieve international medal success at World Championships and Commonwealth and Olympic Games.
This role will require non-traditional out of hours or weekend work from time to time.
Key Performance Areas
• Child Safe Environment
• National Talent (Team Future) Program
• Building System Capability and Capacity
• Holistic athlete talent development
• WAG national extended stay program
• Sport Sector Engagement
Applications are to be emailed to Andrew Logan National Performance Director email@example.com by Wednesday 5 May 2021.