Beginner Coach Accreditation Pathway
Ready to start coaching gymnastics? Here's where you start! Follow the step-by-step guide below to enrol in each component of the Beginner Coach Accreditation.
Step 1: Create an LMS account
- Go to the Gymnastics Australia website by visiting http://gymnastics.org.au/lmssignup
Fill in the form on the Learning Management System (LMS) – New User Sign Up page.
In the Name section of the form, please ensure you register with your legal name (including middle name(s)), as this form will be used to verify your Working with Children Check (or equivalent) if you become a Coach or Judge.
In the Additional Information section of the form, you will need to provide your date of birth, gender, home and mobile phone numbers, country, home address. If you have previously had a Technical Membership number, you can also provide this information during this step. You’ll also be asked about the Duke of Edinburgh Award (just click No if you’re not sure what this is).
You will now need to provide Sign In Details, this includes your email address and a password (Password must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least 1 number and 1 upper case letter). Then click Register. You will then be sent an email with your username and your password at 11PM the day you register.
Please note, if you receive the following error message, you already have a Gymnastics Australia LMS account. Please contact [email protected] to gain access to your Gymnastics Australia LMS account.
After you have clicked Register you will be taken to the Thank you for registering as a new LMS User page. Please make sure to click the Please click here to access the LMS System link.
You will then be taken to the Gymnastics Australia LMS, and can get started on your Coach or Judge education
Step 2: Login to Gymnastics Australia and access the LMS
- Go to the Gymnastics Australia website by visiting http://gymnastics.org.au
- In the top right hand corner of the window, click Sign In this will take you to the sign in page. You will now need to sign in using your Technical Member ID as your username, and your Gymnastics Australia password. If you have forgotten your password, please contact [email protected]
- Once you have signed in, click the top right hand corner on the Hi, Your Name link to access your Gymnastics Australia account.
- On the right side of the My Account page, under Handy Links click Go to the LMS
- You can also click Courses in the grey menu bar to access the LMS.
- You will then be taken to your LMS account, no sign in will be required.
Step 3: Enrol in the Beginner Coach Accreditation Pathway
- Open the catalog by clicking the Browse Catalog button on the LMS dashboard
You can also click the magnifying glass if the menu sidebar is visible
- Click on Enrol in a Coach Accreditation and then choose Beginner Coach Accreditation
- Click on the Choose Path button for the Beginner Coaching Accreditation Pathway
- Choose the State / Territory where you would like to attend the Face to Face Course. You’ll need to hover over the Pathway icon and click when this icon change to a Shopping Cart. This will add your accreditation pathway to your Shopping Cart.
- Once the pathway has been added to your cart, click on the shopping cart icon in the top right hand corner of the LMS.
- In the Shopping Cart, click the link to SECURE CHECKOUT.
- Now, complete your free purchase of your Beginner Coaching Accreditation Pathway. You will need to make sure your billing information is correct and all necessary information has been entered. Click Proceed to Payment.
- You have enrolled in the Beginner Coaching Accreditation Pathway. Click the Accreditation Pathways button and then on the following screen, click Beginner Coaching Accreditation Pathway to continue
- This screen displays all the coursework you need to complete to attain the Beginner Coaching Accreditation. You must complete the Online Beginner Coaching Course before registering for the Beginner Face to Face Coaching Course. Click the Add to Cart button next to the online course.
- The course will be added to your cart. Click the cart icon at the top right of the screen, and then click Secure Checkout.
- Complete the purchase process. After purchasing, you’ll be presented with your purchase confirmation and will be enrolled in the course.
Step 4: Complete the Online Beginner Coaching Course
- After purchasing the course, it will be available in your Learning Centre. Your Learning Centre is where you access all the courses you’ve enrolled in. To access it, click the Go to your Learning Centre button on the LMS dashboard
You can also click the pencil icon if the menu sidebar is visible
- Click the blue Launch button next to the online course to get started.
- Use the Next and Previous buttons at the bottom of the screen to move through the course.
- The course will open in a new window, so you’ll need to enable pop-ups for the LMS. Don’t worry, it’s quick and easy! We have a quick guide to show you how: Enable pop-ups - how to guide
- Open the course, read the material and complete the quizzes to successfully complete the course. There are three parts to the course, covering 14 different topics with an assessment task for each one.
- On achieving 100% on all of the 14 quizzes, you will be marked as passed for the course and can register for a Face to Face Course.
Step 5: Enrol in the Beginner Face to Face Coaching Course
Completing the Online Beginner Coaching Course is a prerequisite for enrolling in the Face to Face Course.
- After logging in to the LMS, click the Accreditation Pathways button on the LMS dashboard
You can also click the Accreditation Pathway icon if the menu sidebar is visible. Then click on Beginner Coaching Accreditation Pathway
- On the following screen, the LMS will show you a 100% green bar under Mandatory Items if you have completed the online course. This must be completed before purchasing the Face to Face course.
- The State displayed on this screen depends on which certification path you chose in step 4 of Step 2: Enrol in the Beginner Coach Accreditation Pathway. If you need to change the State, get in touch with your State / Territory Association. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the blue Choose Session button for the Face to Face Course you want to enrol in, and then click on the session date to add it to your cart
- The course will be added to your cart. Click the cart icon at the top right of the screen, and then click Secure Checkout
- Complete the payment process. You will be enrolled in the course and presented with the purchase confirmation.
Step 6: Complete the Beginner Face to Face Coaching Course
- Attend the course on the day. In most cases, you’ll need to bring a packed lunch. Keep an eye on your email prior to the course for notifications from your State / Territory Association.
- Upon passing the course, you will be marked as Competent for the Beginner Course and become an accredited Beginner Coach.
- If you are unsuccessful in passing the assessments during the Face to Face Course, you will receive instructions on what to do next.
Any questions? Get in touch
Contact your State / Territory Association
Gymnastics Australia Education
03 8698 9700